Monday, July 31, 2006


The MailBoX: Message From A Floridian Luddite





Just received a bit of snail mail from Jim Moseley, perpetrator of the zine, Saucer Smear (PO Box 1709, Key West, FL 33041). Jim is not one to get caught in The Web (to use the appropriate pun). I’ve always contended that one of the signs of the Apocalypse is the reception of email from Supreme Commander Moseley.

Anyway, here’s an excerpt from his handwritten missive dated 7/24/06:

“I now see more clearly than ever how good it is that I never allowed myself to be sucked into the Internet. Identity theft, scams of every conceivable kind, viruses, etc. – I just don’t have the fortitude to be up with it. All I get now is telemarketers, and I just hang up!

Keep ‘em frying!

Jim”


Well, Jim, the Internet is like dating: you have to be wary of some women or you’ll get your identity stolen, and also end up being scammed out of your money. And let’s not talk about viruses! (My perfect woman would be one with a “Restart” option.)

As I’ve mentioned before, it’s ironic that you're not taking advantage of the great tech from the Roswell crash.

Best,

Ray

No comments: