Thursday, October 26, 2006


eXclusive Links

I hate HTML. That's why it's taken me some time to update this blog and add some hyperlinks to other voices out there in the blogverse. Somehow my brain was working just right so that I could finally handle the template section and create a new section of links.

If you take a look at the right-hand side of the screen under eXclusive Links, you'll notice the name Greg Bishop of The Excluded Middle. He just started blogging, despite the fact he could have done it much sooner, indicating an aversion to this newfangled medium. Well, at least he isn't as bad as my favorite Luddite, Supreme Commander Jim Moseley, he eschews all things computer and still creates his zine, Saucer Smear, with a typewriter.

Man, I'm surprised when a UFO buff avoids or outright rejects new technology. How would such a person react if he was picked up by a flying saucer, whisked off to another planet, and then had the opportunity to explore a technologically advanced civilization with all its wonders? Would he say look out at the amazing world before him and say: "Take me home. This place looks too complicated."

Hey, I'm no great fan of computers. Especially when I have to fug around with stuff like HTML. But somehow I put up with it because it does pay off in the end.

Another link I want to mention is David Greenberger's Duplex Planet. No, he doesn't deal with UFOs or sci fi type of stuff. I came across his print zine years ago and was impressed. He records the oral histories of senior citizens, slices of life from days long ago. It's down to earth material, something I need when I'm thinking too much about UFOs, paranormal events, and fringe theories of every stripe.


1 comment:

Doug said...

Oh man. Now that you've added me as a link, I'll have to compose posts about UFOs and stuff, won't I?

Thanks.